This spring, the Yale Center for Environmental Justice (YCEJ) and the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) are joining forces in an effort to raise awareness on energy justice and bring the voices of experts in the field to the public. Join us on Mondays from 2:30-3:30 pm EST for this public speaker series exploring the multifaceted and exciting role of justice in the clean energy transition! All are welcome to attend.
The prospective lineup is as follows:
- February 7 – Energy Justice and Historical Inequities of Indigenous Land Dispossession Affecting Today – Justin Farrell, Yale University
- February 14 – Energy Justice and Renewable Energy Development – Zaid Ashai, CEO of Nexamp
- February 21 – Community Advocacy and Organizing - Denise Abdul-Rahman, NAACP Environmental Climate Justice Team
- February 28 – Energy Justice and Health Outcomes – Kenneth Gillingham, Yale University
- March 7 – Intersection of Energy Justice and Labor/Workforce Issues - Vincent Alvarez, President of the New York City Central Labor Council
- March 14 – Energy Insecurity and Energy Justice: Two sides of a Coin – Diana Hernandez, Associate Professor of Sociomedical Sciences, Columbia University
- March 28 - Housing and Energy Justice – Donnel Baird, CEO of Bloc Power
- April 4 – Energy Justice in Philanthropy – Danielle Deane, Director of Equitable Climate Solutions, Bezos Earth Fund
- April 11 – Energy Justice and Public Health – Surili Patel, Vice President, Metropolitan Group
- April 18 – Energy Poverty and Global Justice Issues – Narasimha Rao, Yale
The dates and speakers above are subject to change. Please consult cbey.yale.edu/events for the most up to date information regularly.
SCROLL over the dates below to see all dates.